Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Promise of Snow

There are two very excited little boys running around the house making plans for the snow day tomorrow. They've placed toys in water in clear plastic cups and put them on the porch to freeze. There's talk of snowmen and forts and snowball fights.

"Uh guys," I said. "They're only predicting one inch." (There's a joke in here I'm sure about boys and inches, but I'm not going to say anything.)

Warren is being more encouraging. In fact, he suggested they set their alarm so they can get up at 3am to watch the first flakes fall.

"Why not wait until the morning to see it in all of it's glory?" I suggested. I do not want two very excited little boys running around the house at 3am.

Warren has also taken this opportunity to teach them a little something. Specifically, how to read the weather radar. "See the pink?" he said. "That's snow."

I think Jiro senses that I am not as excited as he is about the snow. I do have to go to work and carry on per usual, after all. I'm more worried about driving amidst the madness than enjoying it, which I guess is pretty sad.

"I'm going to make you a card about snow tomorrow," he just informed me sweetly.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

And that, my friends, is why I didn't even mention the word "snow" to my kids yesterday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...