Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Farm to Fork

Warren has had a couple of opportunities to volunteer in the kitchen at Tsunami. (The first ever Project Green Fork dinner and the Taste of Montessori dinner benefiting our kids' school.) Sunday's Farm to Fork dinner benefiting the Memphis Farmer's Market was my turn.

As you all know, I'm a busy body, so I got to wear many hats. I snuck out and served some apps, I fetched things in the kitchen, I wiped plates, I drizzled oil on soup, I drank wine, I giggled with the wait staff, and I even helped clean a little. All the while, I had a fork in my back pocket ready to eat! I got a taste of everything except the soup. Once again, Ben outdid himself.


Here's what you missed:

Chilled Curry Flora Farms Eggplant Soup with Ly Vu Produce Cucumber Raita & Saffron Oil

IMG_0940

Tim's Family Farm Mixed Greens Salad with Bonnie Blue Goat's Milk Feta Cheese, Spicy Delta Orchard Pecans & Whitton Farms Heirloom Tomatoes

IMG_0943

Pepper Crusted Tuna with Charred Jones Orchard Peach Salsa & Arugula Pesto

IMG_0956

Neola Farms Beef Roulade with Spicy Crawfish Remoulade, Lady Pea Sweet Corn Relish and Sesame Soy Aioli

IMG_0964

Dotson Farms Sweet Potato Pie with Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream

IMG_0968

I had so much fun helping out. I felt like I was on a Reality TV show or something (but with a lot less pressure). My biggest victory of the evening was identifying a shallow hotel pan! (Thanks to Colleen's very thorough tour of the kitchen.)

I definitely don't know if I could it every night, but I definitely want to do it again.

I puffy heart Tsunami.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...