Monday, November 01, 2010

The Cha Chas

As I mentioned, my friend, Andria, started a team for this year's Race for the Cure. We called ourselves the Cha Chas in honor of Andria's mom, who is a breast cancer survivor. Andria summed up the race here, but I have to add my two cents, of course.

First off, I have to say that I was really looking forward to the race. I'd never done it before, nor had I run with an actual team. In fact, I was so excited, I insisted we all get matching t-shirts. Running with a team is awesome. We had lots of pre-race chatter, we met up at Andria's to carpool over, and then we all lined up together. While we didn't stay together during the race, it was fun to pass each other and then cheer everyone on at the end.


Despite being totally stuffed up and snotty, I managed to medicate myself enough to actually run. I stayed with Ashley, my regular running partner, instead of letting her beat me like in our last race, and I ended up running the entire 3.1 miles without stopping. (I always stop for a little!) I guess because of my condition, I knew if I stopped, I'd never start again! And thanks to all of the lovely distractions along the way (i.e. a scarecrow with boobs), I ran my best time ever--33:34. I know, it isn't super fast and impressive, but I'll take it!


When the race was over, we all headed back to Andria's for a homemade breakfast including pancakes, sausage, and bacon.

Throw in the fact that our team raised $1100, and it's not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning.

Andria insists she's done running, but I hope to convince the Cha Chas to keep racing. It was so much fun! And we have matching shirts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...