Saturday, January 08, 2011

Angry Birds

Sometime in December, the monkeys convinced me to download Angry Birds Lite on my iPhone. We spent a couple of hours having an Angry Birds tournament. It was awesome.

When they weren't looking, I downloaded the real Angry Birds. Of course it didn't take long for them to discover my secret. We tried a few more Angry Bird tournaments, but we were all obsessed and became less and less cool about taking turns.

Then on Christmas, Satchel and Jiro both got iPods, courtesy of my mom. So now we can all play together. And yes, we tend to all get in bed or on the sofa, snuggle up, and play. We compare notes, offer tips, and scream "Stupid pigs!" in unison.

Last week I told Warren that resistence was futile and that he should start playing. I put the app on his phone, and sent him off for a week of working in the field. I texted him about an hour after I thought he should have been at his hotel. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Playing Angry Birds," he replied.

So, yeah, we're all hooked now. The kids skip around and go to different games, but I am determined to beat one level at a time, and have even spent several days on one level.

While driving the kids to school on Friday, I realized that I left my phone at home. When I commented on it, Satchel said, "Oh do you need it so you can play Angry Birds at work?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...