Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Last Weekend

Last weekend was crazy busy, pretty much like every other weekend we've had. Why must everything happen on Saturday?

We started off Friday night with Taekwondo testing. Despite all of the earlier drama, both boys did very well. I'm telling you, there is nothing cuter than Jiro sparring.



Except maybe Jiro eating a donut at the Skatepark. Warren took him to the free lesson for youngsters while Satchel and I took care of some business out east.

picnikfile_ODVoe_

Yeah it was 30 degrees at the skatepark, so good luck guessing which one he is.

Around noon we regrouped and headed to Satchel's basketball game. You heard me, BASKETBALL. There's a whole 'nother post waiting on that topic. Although I've been to most of his practices, I didn't want to say anything until I saw a game. (Jiro's been practicing too, but his team doesn't have a game until the new year.) Here's what I have to say about Satchel and basketball...bless his little heart. It's hard!



And the uniform is not conducive to hoodie wearing/tucking. He doesn't have any natural talent like he does in soccer, but I expect he'll get better with time. Getting smoked in the games has made his enthusiasm for the game diminish a bit, but we'll see how it goes.

After the game, we let the monkeys play on the playground for awhile with some of their besties, and then we hit the Brooks for the Armed & Dangerous exhibit.



It's amazing! Go! It was relatively inexpensive and it doesn't take too long to see everything. Plus, there's a special kids area.

After that everyone went home to relax for a bit. Then I headed over to a friend's 40th birthday celebration at Mollie Fontaine's. Since most of my friends are turning 40 in the coming year, I am both excited and terrified of the parties to come!

Sunday was for sleeping in and doing yardwork/housework. Then we went out to dinner at Pho Saigon and before heading down to the lovely Orpheum Theater for the San Jose Taiko drummers. (Which was also amazing!)

By the time our heads hit the pillows on Sunday night, we were wiped out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...