Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Active

Fake Spring is awesome. We did our very best to soak it up over the weekend after a light brush with the midtown stomach bug on Friday. It was still a bit chilly on my Saturday morning run, but by the time Warren took the boys to the skatepark for kids' day, it was starting to warm up.

Jiro practiced his turns.

Untitled
Untitled

He is just so awesome at everything he does. (Not that I am biased or anything.)

Satchel was shy, in typical self-conscious fifth grade style. He was at the very top of a tree, hiding, when I arrived. However, he came down for a while and played on the new wave sculpture, which is amazing.

Untitled

He eventually ran off with one of his friends from school, but I don't think he ever got on a skateboard.

From skateboarding, we went to basketball, to soccer, to a party at a friend's house, to another party at a different friend's house. Pretty crazy for a Saturday in January.

On Sunday, we slept in. By "we" I mean Warren and I. Satchel is usually up by 7, and Jiro by 8 or sometimes 9. When I eventually make my way to the livingroom they are both on their computers typing away as though they were getting paid by the hour. Pretty funny.

We lured them away from Minecraft with the promise of donuts, and then we drove out to the Yellow Trail at Shelby Farms Park for a hike. I'd been trying to get everyone there for over a year, so I was happy it was finally happening.

The Yellow Trail runs along the Wolf River, opposite the fancier Germantown Greenline. It's more rugged and more often used by runners and bikers.

Untitled

The kids loved it. Because the river was so low, we practically had a day at the beach.

Untitled
Untitled

There were lots of climbing opportunities and the monkeys loved exploring somewhere new.

Untitled
Untitled

Warren used his GPS to cut us over to the blue trail, so we made a nice 3 mile loop.

Untitled

Proud of myself for planning a seemingly perfect outing, I asked Warren what he thought of the Yellow Trail. "It's alright," he said.

After the hike, we went home for some lunch and a little rest. Then the boys and I went over to the Evergreen field for another pick up soccer game. This week we had about 18 kids show up, which was super fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...